Construction Materials Testing
Construction Materials Testing is a critical component of quality Site Development and Building Construction Projects. Construction Materials Testing Services provide a Quality Control check for Contractors, and Quality Assurance for Project Owners and Design Engineers.
PPI offers a complete spectrum of Construction Materials Testing Services, and understands that there’s a lot more to Construction Materials Testing than “just running the test”. For Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Results to have real value, the test has to be completed correctly.
People are the key, and PPI invests in significant Training for our Field and Laboratory Technician Staff. PPI’s Field and Laboratory Technician Staff understands that many variables can influence CMT Results. They also understand the importance of their work.
PPI’s entire Technician Staff completes the ACI Level 1 Field Certification Program, Troxler Nuclear Gage Safety Training, and OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training for the Construction Industry. Mid-level and Senior Technician Staff have opportunities to attend MoDOT and ODOT Technician Classes, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Training Courses, Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Certification Classes, International Code Council (ICC) Certification Programs, and other specialized Certification Classes.
PPI offers all of the Construction Materials Testing Services listed below. Please Contact Us for additional information about the services PPI provides.
- Field Concrete Sampling and Testing (Air Content; Slump;, Concrete Cylinders;, Concrete Beams;, Core Drilling of In-Place Concrete)
- Laboratory Concrete Testing (Compressive Strength of Concrete Cylinders; Flexural Strength of Concrete Beams)
- Concrete Mix Design (Aggregate Evaluation; Mix Verification; New Mixes; Mix Modification; Forensic Evaluation)
- Field Asphalt Sampling and Testing (Hot Mix Asphalt Sampling; Field Density Testing; Core Sampling)
- Laboratory Asphalt Testing (Volumetrics)
- Asphalt Mix Design (Aggregate Evaluation; Mix Verification; New Mixes; Mix Modification; Forensic Evaluation)
- Laboratory Soils Testing (Standard and Modified Proctor Testing; Classification Testing including Atterberg Limits and Grain Size Analysis)
- Field Density Testing of Soil (ASTM D6938)
- Proof-rolling Observation, Subgrade Evaluation, and Remediation Recommendations
- Subgrade Stabilization Recommendations
- Laboratory Aggregate Testing (Standard and Modified Proctor Testing; Gradation; Deleterious Materials; L.A. Abrasion; Chloride Ion; Methylene Blue; Sodium and Magnesium Sulfate Soundness)
- Field Density Testing of Aggregate (ASTM D6938)
- Field Grout Sampling and Testing
- Reinforcing Observation
- Laboratory Masonry Block Testing
- Verification of Bar Size and Spacing
- Documentation of Splice Length, Connection, and Bar Condition
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Schmidt Hammer, Windsor Pin, and Windsor Probe
- Maturity Meters
Mr. Mike Foley, Construction Material Testing Manager (Springfield), Ph.: (417) 864-6000, [Email]
Mr. Austin Garrison, Scheduler / Structural Steel Manager, Ph.: (417) 864-6000, [Email]
Mr. Rick Hundley, Joplin Laboratory Manager, Ph.: (417) 624-2005, [Email]
Mr. Jeremy Mitchell, Branson Laboratory Manager, Ph.: (417) 864-6000, [Email]